Security Logs / Report Writing
- Daily activity reports are to be updated every hour using our website.
- Logs are to be thorough and complete.
- Reports & Logs are to be completed for every shift you work, no exceptions.
- Incident reports are to be made for anything & everything out of the normal.
- Some sites might require a special log. All logs are to be completed according to the site-specific instructions.
- Completing your logs after your shift is not permitted, do them during your shift and have them ready by the end of your shift. No exceptions.
- If your job site has a tablet or other company device, your logs must be completed on the company device. No exceptions.
What to look for while on patrol
- Lights that are out (not working)
- Broken glass (windows, bottles, etc…)
- Broken sprinklers (gushing water)
- Suspicious activity
- Loud music or other disturbances (you do not have to wait for a service call to address disturbance issues.
- Violence or any type of confrontation
- Graffiti / vandalism (old or new)
- Loiters / trespassing (people hanging out)
- Open, unlocked or un-securable doors & windows. (Call a Supervisor)
- Signs of forced entry, or break-ins. (Call a Supervisor)
- Damage to fence line, walls, gates or other property
- Parking violations (Fire Lanes, Handi-Cap, No Parking)
- All of these above issues will automatically require an incident report to be written.
- Each site may have a set of specific instructions, of what is important to the client. As guards we will follow their instructions.